Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Need Inside



What I felt during my P&W metamorphosis was beautiful.

My hiphop friends were at a loss!

I began branching out.

I started to look toward more ambient sounds.

Groove. Folk. Adult Contemporary.

Softer. Slower. Quieter.

Even silence.

There is a lot to be gained in the world of quiet.

{ I have a more in-depth side to that story which I can share later. Don't sleep }

But, yes, I was older now. I was late in my adult maturing, but it was finally happening.

God was building a worshiper in me. A glorifier.

And so,

Could there be a side to that worshiper that still loved his first love? R-A-P? Maybe.

Actually I'm finding that out now. Today. This minute.

---
This is the time in my life where I see if God is totally calling me out of this world, or if we can still build something together.

I need to find joints that are edifying to my spirit. Else it's all pointless.

I have already loved Hiphop because it was heat.

That has changed. It's not enough to be dope. It must connect me.

And I know now that this will not just be for me.

I am sure there are others... Hip Hop Worshipers.

I want to help unveil the even-deeper level of rhymesaying there can be with the Lord.

I know it's there.

In Hiphop.

in us.

0 comments: